jueves, 17 de octubre de 2013

Highlighters

Hi everyone!

Today, I´m here to talk about one of my favourite thing in the makeup (after lipsticks) and that´s the highlighters.

The highlighters, as the same word says, is mean to highlight certain points on your face, but that doesn´t mean that you have to put it all over your face. The right amount of highlighter can have a great effect on your makeup, but too much can really destroy the whole look.

There are a lot of different kinds, in cream, podwer, on pencil, loose podwer...

So I´m going to tell you my favourite products to highlight and how I use them.

One of my favourites ever, is the cream colour base in  Pearl (by MAC). I´ve use this for a very long time, and with the tiniest amount applied directly with your fingers on your cheekbones, it creates a really subtle glow that looks very natural. You can apply this one with a brush, but I like more the way that look when I put it with my fingers.



Another very similar to the cream colour base, is one that I used (and I´m not sure if still available) from e.l.f and the name was Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight. The effect was so nice too, pretty similar to Pearl. I also applied this one always with my fingers and a very little amount, cause´ was very shiny.



The one that really surprise me a lot was the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter Podwer. Very cheap, just 3 pounds, and a very generous amount of product. For me is very pinky, but I still loving it, because it gives to your sking a very nice shine and really shows up when you apply a pink blush, that´s a very great combo for this highlight. This one I always applied it with my setting brush by Real Techniques.




If I am on a rush, my usual highlighter is an eyeshadow from MAC, Shroom. For my skin, by the moment is the color that I like the most for highlighting (I always use this one for highlight my eyebrows and tear ducts) and is always on my eyebrow palette, so is very easy for me to take it and finish my makeup fast. I always apply this with brush (any brush that I have close to me in that moment)



When I do my makeup for special ocassions (and only night looks, this for a day look can look so overdone), sometimes I apply a pigment from Stargazer #31 to give to my cheeks more definition and dimension and very fancy shine. I always apply this with light hand and my setting brush by Real Techniques. I don´t do this very often, but every now and then I like to use this for a very sultry night look.



And this are my favourites highlighters. I really want to use again YSL Touch Eclat (I had this a million years ago and I loved it so much! But is very expensive...) and try Lightscapade by MAC and Candlelight by Kevyn Aucoin (this last one is very, very expensive =S). I think I´ll start saving money for trying new highlighters =D

YSL Touch Eclat

 Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight

 MAC Lightscapade


Hope you like the post, and see you on the next!
Lor.

-----------------------------------------

Hola a todos!

Hoy os vengo a hablar de una de mis cosas favoritas en el maquillaje (detrás de las barras de labios, que es uno de mis mayores vicios en el maquillaje) y son los iluminadores.

Como bien indica la palabra, este producto esta destinado a iluminar ciertas partes de nuestra cara. Pero eso no quiere decir que tengamos que aplicarlo por toda ella, la cantidad exacta de iluminador puede hacer maravillas en un look; pero si nos excedemos podemos llegar a parecer una farola de tanta iluminación puesta en nuestra cara.

Hay muchos tipos de iluminadores: en crema, en polvo, compactos, en lápiz...

Os voy a decir cuales son mis favoritos y como los aplico.

Uno de mis favoritos de hace mucho tiempo (y el cual he usado también una larga temporada) es el cream colour base en el tono Pearl de MAC. Con muy poquito de este producto podemos iluminar perfectamente nuestra mejilla. Da un acabado muy sutil, pero se nota perfectamente la iluminacion y queda muy natural. Normalmente solía aplicarme esto con los dedos, porque me gustaba mas el efecto que quedaba asi que al aplicarlo con una brocha.

Otro muy similar que tuve hace muchos años a Pearl fue uno de e.l.f (no se si seguirá a la venta o lo habrán retirado) y se llamaba Shimmering Facial Whip. También lo aplicaba con los dedos, y en muy poca cantidad (este brillaba mucho mas que Pearl porque tenía purpurina) porque si te excedías un poco, el efecto era horrendo.

El que me ha sorprendido mucho es el Undress Your Skin Highlighting Podwer de MUA. Para mi gusto es un poco rosado, pero aun así me gusta bastante. Suelo combinarlo con coloretes rosas, y queda espectacular. Este, en cambio, me gusta aplicarlo con la setting brush de Real Techniques.

Si tengo prisa y tengo que maquillarme en tiempo récord, el que suelo utilizar es la sombra Shroom de MAC. Suelo tenerlo en mi paleta de cejas, así que siempre lo tengo cerca, y lo aplico con cualquier brocha que tenga a mano.

Cuando el maquillaje es para alguna ocasión especial (sobre todo si es para algún look de noche, para un look de día puede quedar muy recargado) me gusta usar un pigmento de Stargazer #31 para dar mucha mas definición a las mejillas y resaltarlas un poco más de lo normal. Suelo aplicarlo con la setting brush de Real Techniques y muy ligeramente.

Estos son mis iluminadores favoritos. Quiero volver a usar de nuevo el Touch Eclat de YSL (lo tuve hace muchos años y era maravilloso... pero extremadamente caro) y me gustaría probar Lightscapade de MAC y Candlelight de Kevyn Aucoin (este es mucho más caro aún que el Touch Eclat =S) Así que creo que tendré que empezar a ahorrar para poder comprarlos, jajaja.

Fotos, como siempre, un poco más arriba.

Espero que os haya gustado el post y nos vemos en el siguiente!
Lor.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario